Dear Colorado Ugandan Community Member/Friend:
Greetings to you and your family! Happy new year 2019.
The winter season is behind us and the spring season is upon us! It seems like yesterday when we last gathered at the Cherry Creek State Park to welcome the 2018 Summer Season!
Just like the past 9 years, on July 27th, come join us at the Cherry Creek State Park to welcome the 2019 Summer season in style.
4201 South Parker Road
Aurora, Colorado, 80014
Find us at the Smoky Hill Shelter and we promise you a day filled with fun in an environment that promotes:
Friendship, togetherness and love among Ugandans and friends living in the State of Colorado. Lots of food(Nyama Choma), Drinks, Play, network and more! The kids love to swim, bring them along.–
You will be glad you came!
Amazingly, the Colorado Ugandan Community and Friends 2019 Summer Picnic, is now the largest scheduled outdoor Ugandan event in North America. This is the 10th time we shall be gathering as a Ugandan Community and friends living in the State of Colorado at the Cherry Creek State Park. Our main objective is to meet and know each other better; promote and preserve our Ugandan cultures and traditions as Ugandans and friends of Uganda living in the State of Colorado and or the Rocky Mountain Region. . This is in line with the objectives of the United Ugandans Association of Colorado below:
- To bring together Ugandans and Friends of Uganda living in the State of Colorado
- To preserve and promote the Ugandan culture and Traditions
- To encourage Colorado Ugandans, particularly the youths arriving from Uganda to pursue Education on arrival and also embark on a career that will meet the demands of the 21st century
- To encourage Colorado Ugandans and Friends to participate in the American process through; voting, education, wealth building, military service, etc
- To celebrate success stories in the Colorado Ugandan Community; Marriages, Graduations, New borns, Business startups, etc
- To socialize as we celebrate our Ugandan Heritage and Culture through annual functions like; Uganda Independence, Summer Picnic, Christmas Day, American Football, etc
Our pictorial collection and memories are irreversible. The value of friendship and togetherness has been well nurtured over the years. Thank you Colorado Ugandan Community and friends!
Welcome to our Memory Lane:
Come experience a reggae afternoon and Afro Beat with us at the Cherry Creek State Park!